Thursday, April 14, 2016

Hasta Luego a Mi Familia y Costa Rica (Kayla)

Kayla and Aubry going through security. 
Aubry and I are leaving today to go back to the states. This trip has been absolutely amazing, and better than I could have ever imagined. Bonding with our new sisters has gone well, but it makes it that much harder to leave. My parents and the ticas will be here until May, so we won't get to see them for another few weeks. At the same time, I am so thankful to have been able to come to Costa Rica for as long as I did (17 days). I have met so many wonderful people and have made many unforgettable memories.

It will be hard going back to "real life," especially without taking the whole family with me. I think I speak for all of us when I say that I just want everyone to be home in Indiana and begin this new chapter of our lives. I know God has led us exactly where He wants us to be. The girls couldn't fit more perfectly into our family, and I love everything about them. We have already been able to experience so many firsts with them such as using an automatic sink, going to the mall, and ordering at Subway. These things that seem so small to us are new and very exciting for them. We quickly got past the awkward stage of not knowing how to make conversation, and now tease with each other, laugh with each other, and say how much we love each other.

I am truly so thankful for this family of mine that God has pieced together so perfectly. Of course, along the way there were times that I doubted it was going the way it was "supposed to go," but of course, God had it all in His hands and planned out every detail of the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment